Tuesday, May 30, 2023

THE IDEAL MAYORAL CANDIDATE FOR LAUNCESTON NOW IDENTIFIED


Today, Cr Kerfoppz announced that they will be running for election as mayor of the City of Launceston in the upcoming mayoral by-election. 

Following Mayor Gibson’s untimely resignation and the deplorable and ongoing personal attaches he suffered, Cr Kerfoppz said "it occurred to me that the city is in the grip of some rather very dark, unproductive and shabby gutter politics."

The Councillor went on to say, "when I had given all that some thought in the days since Cr Gibson's resignation as mayor I wondered, where to from here.“

The Councillor ran for council in the last local government elections saying that "I just want to see the things that need to be done, get to be done. There needs to be major changes to the way Council serves ratepayers for that to happen."   

The Councillor has operated businesses in Launceston for many years and the Councillor says "I have initiated multiple developments."

"I believe that my business experience stands me in good stead, and I'm up for change and to the challenge" The Councillor said. 

"I consider myself to be hard working and to have developed the kind of business experience that should enable me to contribute more to the work of council and the whole municipality from the mayor's office and in ways that allows all the city’s ratepayers to work with Council in a collaborative way.” 

“Mayors have just one vote. Leaders know that while they might know a thing or two, it is their ability to collaborate and to work cooperatively with other people that matters most” the Councillor said. 

"Launceston is in crisis mode right now especially because far too many people are facing housing stress. Launceston people and their council need all their councillors and others outside the council to step up to the plate, to moderate the excesses of a few, and help citizens work together towards strengthening the city's position relative housing and many other things." 

When questioned about current business activities the councillor said that should voters honour them again with their support my personal business affairs will be rearrange in ways that will enable what must be done to be done. 

"I won't be just a ribbon cutting mayor and I won't be a mayor out of the reach the city’s ordinary citizens," 

Cr Kerfoppz said. ”I will work as hard on this task as I have been in my serious commitment to leading my various business operations and also supporting the community in small ways towards the best possible outcomes." 

The Councillor went on to say that "running as an independent councillor dedicated to enabling good decisions to be made is important element of my campaign. "

"My first commitment will be to the council’s work" the Councillor said. 

"Over my life in the city many people have come to know me, they know who I am and about the work I have done, they know that I am capable, and they all know that I love Launceston, it is my home.” .

Cr Kerfoppz has things in mind that need to done but said, “I’m very mindful that by myself I can do none of it and it will only get done if all around the decision making table we can speak our mind and then work together to do what ratepayers expect of their councillors and my vote will be 1 in 12”

"Good mayors do not make decisions they try to ensure that good decisions get to be made and ideally deliberated upon rather than debated" Cr Kerfoppz said.

Launceston voters are asked to carefully compare and contrast "The Kerfoppz Campaign" with all the other campaigns. Also, please distribute your preferences very carefully and then VOTE FOR LAUNCESTON!  


No comments:

Post a Comment